RSS FEED

all things have their season...

i was thinking about how things change. sometimes life changes so quickly, and sometimes painfully. other times, it's such a gradual change that you hardly notice until you look back. that's the change i have been thinking of today. i miss a lot of things; a lot of people. i miss certain feelings and atmospheres that i wouldn't even know how to describe. i miss long summers at the beach. i miss playing sports late into the night with friends, camping trips...being active. i miss elizabeth. i miss danielle. i miss jessica...and all of my good friends who live so far away.
im not saying my life is horrible where it's at...just different now. most of the time i don't even realize it. but there are many times that i do. and it's funny because i look back with such fondness and yet, it's not like those days were care-free or really any easier, harder, funner (yeah i know that's not grammatically correct ;), or whatever else. i think it's something everyone does now and then...they long for "the way things used to be"...whatever that is. haha. :)
BUT, i can look back and praise God for all of it and everything. i wouldn't trade any of the changes for anything, because He used them to make me who i am today. and really, once i'm in heaven, i'm sure i'll look back. and when i do, this whole life will seem so short, it will be just like a dream...

(you like my photo? yeah, that's me thinking. :)

1 comments:

MissSparrow

I agree with you! You couldn't have said it better my friend. I have some things that I miss too, like fun times playing games with some friends Starbucks or a park, nice cool weather in Washington, being with friends who are now in collage, and with you. =) Although I'm content with what the Lord has directed me and my family to do, so I'm happy as well. I also think about how it will be in heaven, SO much better in the end! =D Can't wait...

(Love the photo too *wink*)

Post a Comment

Return top