RSS FEED

Spontaneity (I like that word)


I've been home for a week and I never did write much about BC and my trip there. So I thought I would do that now, although I did put some photos up, and they say that a picture is worth a thousand words. But photos sometimes just don't do justice. Like, how at home I felt with Bronwyn Gray and her family. It's like I had known them forever. Her mom is the sweetest thing ever. She does alot of daycare and even has clubs on Thursdays that about 40 kids from the neighbourhood come to do crafts and hear Bible stories. I got to meet a few of them because I was there on a Thursday. There were so many kids! It was exciting to see. The Grays have a heart for their neighbourhoods and it seemed like everywhere we went Bronwyn saw someone she knew. She has a paper route and I helped her out with that one day and met an older man named Vic. Bronwyn visits with him when she does her paper route and they have become good friends. I can tell that she is a tremendous encouragement to him. Even an example as she witnesses to him as well.

I met a lot of nifty people! The first night a few girls came over and we played our guitars and sang the night away. It was sensational. :) And then another day Amanda (photo in post below) came over and showed us her photos from Bolivia and Peru. I showed her some of India. It was great to swap stories!
There was another elderly man that I met, whose name is Arthur, and I enjoyed his company immensely. Bronwyn and I walked home from church with him and had a grand time talking about random things. He knows so much about the world! Also, he is from England, so he has a sweet accent.
I did so many active things there! I haven't been that active in a long time. We walked nearly everywhere or biked. We went to the gym and worked on our muscles. :) Spontaneity would kick in and we would do random things that weren't planned...like go swimming. Or go hang out with some girls down the street and watch a movie with them. That was fun!
We had time to talk about anything and everything and pray and talk and walk and talk and go to Timmies and talk. It was quite enjoyable.

Anyway, that's my time in a fairly small nutshell. It was a refreshing and pleasurable first experience of BC. But, it was mostly because of the people, not necessarily the mountains or anything. Of course, they were nice, too. Good for picture taking.

All that to say, I hope that I can go back sometime!


Side note: (Cool quote about spontaneity.... )

“Spontaneity is the quality of being able to do something just because you feel like it at the moment, of trusting your instincts, of taking yourself by surprise and snatching from the clutches of your well-organized routine, a bit of unscheduled plea” - Unknown

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Return top