RSS FEED

Rebellion

So here's my thoughts on the rebellious part of my name. But first, here's a secret…I'm a bit of a rebel. Or at least I would like to be. And Now that I have your attention…let me explain. XD

When I say the word "rebel," what do you think of? Most likely someone doing something they shouldn't, something against the rules. Or maybe it's more like someone who just goes against the grain and doesn't do what everyone else is doing. Maybe being a rebel means doing sinful things that you shouldn't do…but, that seems to be what almost everyone is doing. So wouldn't you be more of a rebel to say,"no" to all that? It's just food for thought. And I'm speaking very general, too.
We could focus in on some things…like the church in this country. Most Christians aren't too worried about making their life count. They go to church and give their tithe and think it's ok. Well, it's not! I don't think there is much time left here on this planet and there are millions, even billions who do not know Christ yet! Everything is not ok!
It's easy to just…exist, and not worry about what's going on around the world. Oblivion is bliss. But God has been challenging me. I don't think we'll be in Heaven wishing we hadn't gone out of our way to speak to a certain person. Or wishing we hadn't sacrificed something we like, to see the lost reached. We're not going to be sitting in heaven thinking…"Darn, I wish I had of lived more for myself…"

Anyway, these are some things that I am learning and I'm trying to figure out what it all looks like…hence the name. So please….join me! Be a rebel, live every day like it is your last and do whatever is in your power to reach the lost! Be a rebel…someone who can be used by God and not worry about what others are doing! Be a rebel and pray!

This may be the greatest rebellion we have. Maybe the only one left.

Til next time,
Treble

P.S. Not all of my posts are going to be this serious…I promise!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Return top