RSS FEED

What Dreams Are Made Of.

This is a poem I wrote a little while ago for fun. :)


What Dreams Are Made Of

Thrills, lovers, fun, and dances,
Adventures, action, and second chances.
A world with colour and exotic places,
The best is when you see new faces.
This is what dreams are made of.

Where following the rules and being good
Doesn't seem to matter, and you don't do what you should.
But that's ok, because dreams have no restrictions,
Consequences, restraints, or limitations.
This is what dreams are made of.

Other times doing good is all that matters,
You would live and die for it, even if your world shatters.
How I wish that I could have strength like that in reality,
Imagine how far I could go if I gave all of me; my totality.
But, this is what dreams are made of.

I wish that I could live my dreams,
It's easier then living my life, it seems.
So all day I am excited for night,
Excited for what stories my mind, brain and heart will write.

Excited for an escape, an escape from reality,
Or rather, an escape to it.
For are dreams as fake as they are made out to be?
Or is that who I really am? Who I want to be...the real me?


Ok so that last part is a bit of a stretch. But this is how my brain thinks sometimes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Return top